Windows 11 was release to the public on October 5th, Microsoft however will not pushing people to upgrade. I think they learned a lesson from the sloppy Windows 10 rollout. I think at some point every PC will get a prompt that it is available for upgrade, or at least the ones with compatible hardware. Of course you may get it on new computers this Christmas season.
See if your computer is compatible with the PC Health Check App.
Install On Legacy Computers
If your PC fails the PC Health Check you may still be a way you can install Windows 11.
- You must first download the Windows 11 ISO.
- Put the ISO on flash media using Rufus for Windows.
- Boot to flash-media.
- Start installer. Install will probably fell.
- It will say, “This PC can’t run Windows 11”
- Hold down Shift and press F10.
- In the command prompt type “Regedit”.
- Open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup
- Right-click in the Setup folder and select New Key. Name the New Key LabConfig.
- Right click inside LabConfig select New DWORD (32-bit) Value, enter BypassTPMCheck.
- Create a new DWORD BypassRAMCheck.
- Create one more DWORD BypassRAMCheck.
- Click Red X to exit Regedit. Click the red X to exit cmd.exe.
- Click “Install now”and complete install.