Every knows about YouTube and Netflix by now but did you know there are lots of places to get streaming and downloadable video.
These are just a few:
- YouTube – See videos on any topic from all over the world for free.
- Vimeo – See hi-quality videos and movies mostly free.
- NetFlix – Watch TV shows and movies for $7.99 per month. Linux users can on view Netflix video in the Google Chrome web-browser.
- Hulu – Watch TV shows and movies in your web-browser for free.
- Amazon Instant Video – Buy or rent films from Amazons large selection. Buy the film or rent it for two days. Rentals are usually $4 to $6. Purchases are $15 to $20 dollars. Buy seems costly to me when you don’t receive any physical media.
- Amazon Prime – Watch all the Movies and TV shows in the Amazon Prime catalog as much as you wanton any device plus get free 2 day shipping with all of your from Amazon purchases. You also get the streaming music service. The Prime video catalog is not as good as the a la carte videos but it is okay for the price. The service is $99 per year. You can end Prime any time you wish only charging you for the time you used it.
If you already have Time Warner Cable you can stream from anywhere in your web-browser or from your mobile devices with the TWC app for Android and iOS.